Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our.Deepest.Fear.


Our Deepest Fear.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't
feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson

This poem really hits home with me.
I originally discovered while watching one of the most powerful movie in a long time: Coach Carter.
That movie sends such a strong and powerful message.
I highly recommend it for anyone and everyone.
It can portray a little message for everyone and the fact that it is a true story and what the characters go through, what Coach Carter goes through. It should send a message loud and clear for all.
Everyone is worth it. Not a single person should feel like their lives will never amount to anything. That is completely 100% false.
This poem is beautiful and eerie.
When I am having a bad day (or week) and I am feeling absolutely worthless and life could not get much better for me, I read this poem and I don't feel so solemn.
Its a horrible feeling, to be alone, isolated, worthless.
It is nice to know that someone in the world wrote this poem. The greatest thing about it - it could have multiple meanings for anyone and everyone!
Its a poem that in my opinion was designed to help anyone out with whatever they are feeling.
Tia's Confession:
(one of many...)
Along with many, many other insecure things I have about myself... my biggest insecurity is that I do not love myself. I do not love what I see in the mirror. I do not see what others apparently see in me, and those feelings are awful. I wish I saw what others see, but it's hard for me.
I am very good at making sure other people see the aura and light around them, I just do not see mine. Which is when I start to think, "Do I even have one? Am I worthy?"
I know that I should answer myself, YES! I do! I am just as good as everyone else.
It's just not as easy.
One day, I hope I will finally get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment