Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today is a new day.



Today is a new day.
Today I woke up and I was no longer gripped by feelings of failure and sadness.
I woke up and finally realized that the recent events that have been taking over my life are just stepping blocks that the universe has in store for me. What that means, I do not know yet. But I`m sure this is just a learning curve for me. Its a test to see if I`m truthful and faithful. I am most definitely have those qualities.
Now with the recent events going on in Haiti and those who are actually hurt, in pain, dead or even worse dying. It embarasses me that I've been so solely focused on myself. I donated money today to Haiti. I also plan on going to Red Cross at some point this week to donate blood for those who need it over there.
If my blood can help, its the least I can do.
I would love the opportunity to go there and help out in the World Relief groups, but unfortunately I have commitments here.
It's nice to not feel so useless and just battered down. For days I was like a walking zombie. My friends and family were beginning to get very concerned because I'm usually upbeat, cheery, just happy in general. So when I'm feeling particularly down or quiet, it really shows and people get concerned quite easily.
It's also a little hard to just have a quiet day, most people get freaked out when I am quiet or have nothing to say. They immediately think I am angry or upset or sad... when in fact, that is not true. I am just feeling in a quiet or mellow mood.
Thats just a fact I am going to have to work on. Most people probably do understand that I'm having an off day, but they still insist I am upset or angry. It's just a little frustrating.
I'm human, people!! Let me go through the emotions most people go through ;)

This picture is beautiful!! I chose it because thats how I was feeling this morning.
Not angry, not unbelievable sad, I even managed to crack a small smile. Something I have not done in a while. It was nice. My brain was numb. I believe it was from all the constant over-thinking and over-analyzing everything. I was in a beautiful spot where there was no sorrow or anger or humiliation.
I was almost in bliss.
For all about 5 minutes than feelings of doubt began creeping in. (frisky little buggers, aren't they?)
So I encourage everyone who is feeling the way I have been feeling to just be at ease. Don't let tomorrows worries be todays. Today is a new day. Start your day in bliss, sheer tranquility bliss, and let yourself go with the flow. If you have school or work, do your every day morning routine, but maybe do something different so it doesn't suggest the same routine you always do. Maybe splurge and buy yourself a coffee and donut if you usually make your own breakfast. It's a fun way to start a new day with something new. If you are low on funds, maybe do your hair differently or make-up. Something people will most likely comment on and be happy for you about. Or maybe try putting a new outfit together.
Then this evening, call some friends and maybe get out of the house.
(I did that last night and saw Avatar, UNBELIEVABLE. I loooved it!)
It worked wonders.

Sending everyone pure tranquility.
Don't let doubt get in the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment