Saturday, April 10, 2010

Camera Fetish.

I have a slight addiction to taking pictures.
My mom was always the one out of all of her sisters and brothers to have a camera during the family functions, special events for our family, etc.
I have always loved taking pictures, capturing rare fun moments and having them frozen in time where I can go back and relive the moment in time where the picture was taken place.
It started out with a simple disposable camera, the pre-digital era ;) I guess that's almost as old as the dinosaurs now... ha ha!
After the disposable camera, I had a polaroid camera. Where you take a picture and the picture is developed instantly.

It's a shame they stopped mass-producing the paper for the pictures to be developed on. I guess those who have them now, should be cautious when they want to develop pictures.

Then the digital world took off :)
For my high school graduation present, my parents bought me a very good quality Canon camera. It was my first digital and I took it absolutely everywhere. It went to school with me, to restaurants, to the movies, to my job to the carribean, everywhere!!
I literally wore it out.
After that camera died, I actually went about 6 months with no camera, and for someone like me, that is HUGE. I priced around for a while. I had a big trip coming up and I wanted a good camera.
Finally I heard about the Canon Powershot and looked into the camera features and discovered I really enjoyed what I was reading and decided to buy myself one :)
... and I was not at all disappointed. Not in the slightest. I loved everything about this camera :)
It was sturdy, reliable and it held its ground. Especially after accidentally dropping it, throwing it into my bag or purse, lots of drunken nights that I cannot remember and don't want to remember what I might have put this poor camera through.
and surprisingly, it is still in decent shape, I will definitely keep using it until it is no longer usable.

My newest addition to my camera fetish is the new SLR cameras that have been the latest hype, and let me tell you... I have never taken such a clear and perfect picture in my life...

Isn't she a beauty?
I got her for an excellent deal on boxing day sale!
It took a little getting used to since the zoom in manual now and the focus is manual now, but its the best present I have ever bought for myself.
The pictures I have been able to take, are just unbelievable.
I leave for a Mediterranean cruise in a little over 1 month, wait until you see the pictures I will post.

Excited :)

My next camera I would like to look into...

Don't they just look utterly fantastic?
I would absolutely love to purchase one of these babies and then possibly look into finding a way to make it into a camera that after I take the pictures, I use a port and download them onto the computer, so sorta like a digital camera, yet not quite ;)
Either way, I will have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment