Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Romeo + Juliet. A modern day perspective.



So, back in grade 6... I looved this movie.
Well I was more in total little girl crush with Leonardo DiCaprio (like every other girl in the world) but this movie was so intense and I just love love loved it!
This version of Romeo+Juliet has modern day aspects yet what I absolutely loved about it, they kept the feel of Shakespeare in this movie by using the same written language as in the play and kept the names of the cities and the names of the characters the same. This time with modern music, modern day illegal things (guns and drugs... what could go wrong) and of course Leo.
Adorable.
Gosh, he looks young here. Crazy to think that he was 22 in the movie (1996)
even more mind boggling, he will be 40 in a few years!
He is so pretty.
I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Claire Danes, but she was a cutie in this movie. 
but he is just so pretty ;)

Love this movie.
Rated 10 +++++

No comments:

Post a Comment